9372261584@KJ Somaiya College of Engineering Mumbai : Direct Admission 2023 ,Ranking, Courses, Fees Structure, Placements
Karamshibhai Jethabhai Somaiya College of Engineering is a privately owned unaided autonomous college that was established in 1983 by the Late Shri Karmashibhai Jethabhai Somaiya. KJSCE is affiliated and approved to Mumbai University and AICTE respectively.
The campus of the K.J. Somaiya College of Engineering is spread over an area of 60 acres of Vidyanagar, VidyaVihar in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The autonomous college offers degree courses in Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, and Mechanical Engineering departments.
KJ Somaiya College of Engineering Highlights
|Affiliattion||Somaiya Vidyavihar University|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, M.Tech, Ph.D|
|Entrance||JEE Mains, MHT-CET, SAT, PERA-CET, CUET, GATE|
|Facilities||Comp Labs, Sports, Gym, Medical, Cafeteria, Library, Auditorium, Hostel, Laboratory|
K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering Placement
K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering has a dedicated placement cell that conducts pre-placement talks and training. The institute has associated with firms to provide the best platforms to the students. The placement cell has a faculty and student placement committee which takes focused and continuous efforts for Training and Placement Cell under the able guidance of TPO.
With continuous efforts of the Internship Cell of the college, each student is provided with an opportunity for field exposure and/or application-based learning during their internships. Students can also take an active part in the research work conducted by college faculty members as internal internships. K J Somaiya College of Engineering also provides the possibility of semester-long internships to Final - Year students. The track record of companies in recent years is overwhelming & annually more than 75 Companies visit K J Somaiya College of Engineering for campus recruitment for both UG as well as PG students.
- Average Package: INR 6.92 LPA
- Highest Package: INR 13.66 LPA
- Comanies Visited: 105
- No. of Offers: 545+
- Recruiters: TCS, Cisco, Deloitte, Infosys, Microsoft, Carrier, IBM, Blue Star, Oracle, L&T Infotech, Accenture, Godrej, Suzuki, Mahindra Rise and many more.
Below table shows the previous three years trend:
|Academic Year||Highest Package||Average Package|
|2021-2022||INR 13.66 LPA||INR 6.92 LPA|
|2020-2021||INR 40.00 LPA||INR 5.69 LPA|
|2019-2020||INR 18.76 LPA||INR 5.46 LPA|
KJSCE Fees & Eligibility
|B.Tech||₹4 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||10+2 wit 50%|
|M.Tech||₹1.97 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||Graduation with 50%|
- Well furnished library with seating capacity of 150 students has a huge collection of engineering and related subjects informative piece.
- Amphitheater with more than 500 seating capacity.
- Well equipped auditorium with 450 capacity.
- 5 seminar halls.
- 39 systems in computer labs.
- Medical facility.
- Placement cell.
Events and festivals:
- Abhiyantriki: An annual technical fest.
- Symphony: An inter-collegiate cultural fest.
- Skream: National level sport festival.
- Zenith: An annual fest for technical and fun events.
50% of tuition fee is waived in the form of need-cum-merit scholarship for those 5 students (3 students of Electronics engineering and 2 from Information Technology) whose annual family income is less than INR 4.5 Lakhs.
K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering Admission
Admission to KJSCE is done through online mode. Interested candidates are required to follow the given steps:
For B.Tech and M.Tech: Candidates need to visit the official website of the college and submit the online application - https://admissions.somaiya.edu/
- There will be three phases in the admission process for M.Tech and 7 phases for B.Tech
- Fill in the details correctly
- Pay the Application Form Fee of Rs. 2,000/- (non-refundable).
Note(s): Candidates can apply for all the phases in the same application form by selecting appropriate options provided that the candidate is eligible for the respective phase.
- Admission will be offered based on the merit, preference, and availability of seats taken together. The candidate will be communicated via email about his/her offered seat.
For Ph.D.: Candidates are required to fill the applications online from https://www.somaiya.edu/en/phd/ together with scanned copies of required document (self-attested) and application processing fee of Rs. 2,000.