9372261584@Karnataka MBBS Admission 2022: Counselling, Registration, Merit List, Application Form and Eligibility
Karnataka MBBS admissions are based on a candidate’s performance in the NEET 2022. The candidates seeking admissions in MBBS/BDS 2022 can apply online through the official website. The students who have a domicile in Karnataka get 85% medical seats.
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) allots the medical seats within the state based on the NEET exam. It allows BDS seats as well based on the NEET exam. The course fee for private seats in Karnataka ranges from INR 25 lakh to 60 lakh. Following is the admission procedure:-;
- The candidates should fill the MBBS/BDS application form released by KEA.
- The next step is choice filling and counseling, only for those who filled the MBBS/BDS application form.
- The students need to pay the fee through bank challan.
- The students go for a training class in which they know the stages of the admission process.
Bangalore Medical College and Research Centre, Bangalore, MVJ Medical College, and Research Hospital, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum, Bangalore, Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli are some of the top medical colleges in Karnataka.
MBBS is an undergraduate programme with a duration of 4 years and 6 months followed by a 1-year compulsory rotatory internship. This course is divided into 9 semesters in which students gain an overview of various MBBS subjects like Anatomy, Pediatrics, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pathology, Anesthesiology, Community Medicine, Surgery and many more.
Karnataka MBBS Admissions 2022: Highlights
Karnataka MBBS Admission 2022: Highlights
|MBBS Full-Form||Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery|
|Course Duration||5.5 Years|
|Average Fee||INR 10,000 to INR 6 Lakhs|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 5-12 Lakhs per annum|
|Admission Mode||Entrance Based (NEET)|
|MBBS Job Profiles||General Physician, Medical Officer, Medical Coder, Dietician, Dermatologist, etc, and many more|
|MBBS Top Recruiters||Medanta Hospitals, Fortis Healthcare Ltd, Apollo Munich Health Industries Co Ltd, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Cipla Ltd, etc.|
Karnataka MBBS Admission 2022: Eligibility
- The candidates should have passed the NEET 2022 exam.
- Only citizens of India will be eligible for all types of seats except for NRI quota seats.
- The students should have completed their 10+2 in PCM/PCB with English as a mandatory subject. The minimum percentage required of the general candidates is 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, in case of SC/ST, the percentage required is 40%.
- A candidate must have completed a minimum age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the academic year for admission.
- The mother tongue of applicants must be Kannada, Tulu or Kodava. The aspirants who do not know the above languages have to pass the language test which is conducted by KEA.
- Applicants are required to fulfill the minimum NEET 2022 cutoff percentile.
Karnataka MBBS Admissions 2022: Selection Process
Karnataka MBBS Admission 2022: Selection Process
- The students seeking admission to the MBBS course in Karnataka should have passed the NEET exam with a good score. KEA is responsible for the allotment of medical seats in Karnataka.
- The students who have scored well in the NEET exam can apply for the MBBS degree. NEET exam is conducted by NTA every year. It is a three-hour offline exam.
- The state of Karnataka reserves 85% medical seats for those who are native or have a domicile of Karnataka. the students will be selected based on their performance in the entrance exam and other eligibility criteria by KEA.
Check NEET 2022 cut-off here
How to apply for Karnataka MBBS Admission 2022
The students who have scored well in the entrance exam (NEET) and fulfill the eligibility criteria for admission in MBBS/BDS colleges in Karnataka can proceed to apply online.
- The students can visit the official website of the college in Karnataka to apply with the NEET score.
- Pay the application form fee displayed there.
- Complete the college choice filling, and submit the application form.
Karnataka MBBS Admissions 2022: Counselling Process
Karnataka MBBS Admission 2022: Counselling Process
- KEA conducts the counseling of MBBS seats as per the seats vacancy. It arranges a mock test of seat allocation round so that students can get an idea of the counselling process. If any student wants to change his/her choice filling after the mock seat allocation round then he/she will be able to change the choices made earlier.
- The counselling for Karnataka MBBS admission will be released tentatively in the last week of November in online mode only.
- For Karnataka MBBS counselling 2022 there will be three rounds, including a mop-up round. If there is a vacant seat available authority will conduct an additional round of Karnataka MBBS 2022 counselling.
- Applicants will be given a security key after the process of documents verification.
- As per the choices the students have filled and the availability of seats for Karnataka MBBS admission 2022 the authority will allot the seats.