9372261584@MD MS Admission In Maharashtra
Maharashtra PG Medical Admission 2022 – State CET Cell, Maharashtra conducts the PG Medical Counselling and Admission Process after the initial rounds of admission & seat allotment is done by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for the All India Quota (AIQ) (50%) seats. On September 29, 2021, the National Board of Examination (NBE) declared the NEET PG 2021 Result through PDF form via their official website – nbe.edu.in. Candidates who appeared for the NEET PG 2022 exam can now go to the official website and check their results. Additionally, the NBE has also released the NEET PG 2022 Cutoff for all categories. According to the data released by the authorities, the NEET PG cutoff for the General category is 275 out of 800 (50th Percentile), for the SC/ST/OBC (incl. PwD) it is 245 (40th Percentile), and for UR-PwD it is 260 (45th Percentile).
As the NEET PG Cutoff has been declared, MCC will now release the merit list and begin the initial rounds of PG Medical Counselling. After the initial rounds of counselling is done, State CET Cell, Maharashtra will conduct counselling for the remaining seats. Read the article to know more about Maharashtra PG Medical Admission 2022
Candidates who have qualified NEET PG 2022 are eligible for the Maharashtra PG medical admission to the state quota as well as All India Quota seats. State CET Cell offers PG medical admission for the 50% seats available in the Maharashtra state. Candidates can check this article for the complete information regarding Maharashtra PG medical admission 2022, including admission process, eligibility criteria, reservation criteria, etc.
Maharashtra PG Medical Admission 2022 – Overview
Before proceeding to check complete details of Maharashtra PG medical admission, candidates can check the main highlights of the admission process from the table below.
Overview of Maharashtra PG Medical Admission 2022
|Name of the admission process||Maharashtra PG Medical Admission 2022|
|Counselling authority||State Quota – State Common Entrance Test CellAll India Quota – Medical counselling Committee|
|Qualifying Entrance Exam||NEET PG 2022|
|Courses offered||Doctor of Medicine (MD) and Master in Surgery (MS)|
|Number of Disciplines||27|
|Number of Seats||Seats in Government colleges – 972 Seats in Private unaided colleges – 480|
Maharashtra PG Medical Admission 2022 – Disciplines Offered
State CET Cell has released the official information brochure for admission based on NEET PGM 2022. Candidates can check the same for the information regarding the Maharashtra PG medical admission. For the purpose of admission, DMER is offering around twenty seven degree courses under MD and MS programs. Candidates can check the complete list of disciplines offered in the medical participating institutes of Maharashtra below.
- Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy/DVL
- Chest and TB/Respiratory medicine
- P.S.M./Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Transfusion Medicine/ Immuno Haematology and Blood Transfusion
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Palliative Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine
- Emergency and Critical Care
Maharashtra PG Medical Admission 2022 – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are required to be eligible as per the norms set by DMER for the purpose of PG medical admission in Maharashtra state. Ineligible candidates will get their candidature rejected at the time of the document verification process. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for Maharashtra PG medical admission below.
- Candidates must be Indian nationals.
- NRI candidates are only eligible for the NRI reserved seats.
- OCI and PIO category candidates are not eligible for PG medical admission in Maharashtra.
- Candidates who have qualified the M.B.B.S. degree exam are eligible for Maharashtra PG medical admission.
- Candidates must have completed the M.B.B.S. degree from an institute recognised by MCI.
- Candidates must have passed M.B.B.S. from a college situated in the state of Maharashtra.
- M.B.B.S. degree from a foreign institute will not be considered a qualification for eligibility.
- Candidates who have a domicile certificate of Maharashtra state are eligible for the Maharashtra PG medical admission.
- Candidates who have a domicile of Maharashtra and have completed M.B.B.S from any other state are also marked eligible.
- Candidates will be required to produce a certificate issued by the Dean of respective medical college stating the admission of candidates was done under 15% all India quota /AIIMS / Central Government Institutions for MBBS course.
- Also, a Maharashtra domicile certificate by virtue of residence is to be produced.
Candidates must have completed a one year internship training before March 31, 2022, to be marked eligible for the Maharashtra PG medical admission.
Maharashtra PG Medical Admission 2022 – Eligibility for Selection
As already discussed candidates are required to qualify NEET PG for the purpose of PG medical admission in India. Candidates must have attained a minimum educational qualification for the purpose of marking themselves eligible for selection. The category wise eligible percentile required for Maharashtra PG medical selection is tabulated below.
Qualifying Percentile in NEET PG for Selection
|Category||Percentile required in NEET PG 2022|
|SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC – PH||40 Percentile|
Maharashtra PG Medical Admission 2022 – Admission Process
For the purpose of Maharashtra PG medical admission over the state quota seats, eligible candidates will have to fill the application form released by State CET Cell, Maharashtra. The competent authority will release the list of registered candidates. The registered candidates will have to appear for the physical document verification process. However, this year, State Cell may conduct the document verification at the time of joining the allotted institute due to the novel coronavirus pandemic.
Candidates who get their documents verified will be eligible for filling the preference form. Based on the preferences marked by the candidate, NEET PG rank, category and quota, candidates will get the allotment of the seat for Maharashtra PG medical admission.
Documents Required for Maharashtra PG Medical Admission 2022
As the physical document verification is not being conducted this year, the candidates will have to get their documents verified on the day of joining itself. Candidates will have to carry all the documents in original while reporting at the allotted institute. The admission letter will be offered only after the candidates are found eligible based on the documents. Candidates are required to upload the documents at the time of registration, also the same set of documents are to be carried at the time of document verification. The list of documents is mentioned below.
- Printed copy of the Maharashtra PG medical application form
- Copy of NEET PG Admit Card 2022
- Photo ID proof approved by GOI (Aadhar Card/Driving License, PAN Card, Passport)
- NEET PG Result/ Rank card 2022
- Nationality Certificate /valid passport or School Leaving Certificate of HSC/ 12th Std
- M.B.B.S. Degree/ Passing certificate
- M.B.B.S. mark sheets
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent / Provisional Registration certificate
- Certificate showing the last attended institute was recognised by MCI
- Medical Fitness Certificate in the prescribed format
- Copy of Receipt of application fee payment
- Caste certificate (If applicable)
- Medical Disability Certificate in the prescribed format (If applicable)
Maharashtra PG Medical Admission 2022 – Reservation Criteria
For the purpose of admission in the state of Maharashtra, State CET Cell has reserved some seats for different categories. Candidates will have to fill their category while filling the application form. The table below depicts the reservation criteria of all the categories for Maharashtra PG medical admission.
Reservation Policy for Maharashtra PG Medical Admission
|Category||Reservation at Government Institute||Reservation at Private Unaided Institutions|
|Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Castes converted to Buddhism (SC)||12%||6.5%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7%||3.5%|
|Vimukta Jati (VJ) DT-A||3%||1.5%|
|Nomadic Tribes NT-B||2.5%||1.25%|
|Nomadic Tribes NT-C||3.5%||1.75%|
|Nomadic Tribes NT-D||2%||1%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) including SBC||19%||9.5%|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)*||10%||10%|
Maharashtra PG Medical Admission 2022 – Application Form
Candidates were required to fill the application form in an online mode. Candidates who fill the application form before the last date are usually called for the physical document verification process. However, due to the cancellation of the document verification, all the candidates who have filled the application form will get their names included in the common state merit list. While the application form fills up, candidates have to complete multiple steps. The stepwise procedure for Maharashtra PG medical application form fillup was as follows.
- Online Registration – Candidates have to enter various details including NEET PG related details, and some basic personal details
- Filling Maharashtra PG Medical Application Form – Candidates were required to enter multiple details such as personal, academic and communication details.
- Payment of Application Fee – After filling the details candidates were required to pay Rs. 3000 as the application fee. Candidates were also allowed to submit the application form along with the late fee of Rs. 1000 + the original application fee.
- Uploading of documents – Candidates had to upload all the necessary documents before the last date of the same. The list of documents is available in this article above.
- Printing of the application form – After filling the application form, candidates had to print a copy of the confirmation page. The printout of the application form is required during the document verification process.
The application form fillup was conducted in one round only. Thus, the candidates who have missed the last date to fill the application form will not be eligible for the admission into Maharashtra PG medical programs.
Maharashtra PG Medical Admission 2022 – List of Participating Institutes
Candidates will have to make choices of institutes while filling the online preferences. Participating institutes of Maharashtra PG medical admission comprises Government institutes, corporation institutes, Unaided Private institutes and minority institutes. Candidates can check some of the top institutes from the list below.
- Lokmanya Tilak Medical College, Sion, Mumbai
- B.J.Govt. Medical College, Pune
- Rajiv Gandhi Medical College & Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Hospital, Thane
- S.M.B.T.Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Tal. Igatpuri, Dist.Nashik
- Shri Shankarrao Chavan Govt. Medical College, Nanded
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram, Wardha
- Maharashtra Institute of Medical Science & Research Medical College, Vishwanathpuram, Latur
- Dr Panjabrao Alias Bhausaheb Deshmukh Memorial Medical College, Shivaji Nagar, Amaravati
- Government Medical College, Latur
- Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai Central, Mumbai
Maharashtra PG Medical Admission 2022 – Course Wise Seat Availability
State CET Cell will release the seat matrix after the release of the common state merit list. Candidates are allotted seats in each course as per the seat available. The course-wise seats available in institutes of Maharashtra are mentioned in the table below.
Seat Matrix for Maharashtra PG Medical Admission 2022
|S.No.||Course||Number of Seats|
|4||MD Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy||36|
|5||MD Forensic Medicine||23|
|6||MD General Medicine||149|
|10||MD Obstetrics and Gynecology||136|
|14||MD Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation||1|
|16||MD Preventive and Social Med/ Community Med||65|
|18||MD Radio Diagnosis||81|
|20||MD TB and Respiratory Diseases||25|
|21||MD Transfusion Medicine||2|
|22||MD Palliative Medicine||1|
|23||MS E.N.T. (Ear, Nose, and Throat)||42|
|26||MS General Surgery||151|
Maharashtra PG Medical Admission 2022 – Fee Structure
Candidates who are allotted seats will have to pay the admission fee at the time of joining the allotted institute. The fee structure for Government/ Municipal Corporation medical colleges and the Central Government Institutions is different. Candidates can check the fee structure here.
Fee Structure in Government/ Municipal Corporation Medical Colleges of Maharashtra
|Annual Tuition Fee||Rs.94,400 + Rs. 5,000 (Development fee)|
|Hostel Fees||Rs. 4,000|
|Total Fee||Rs. 1,05,400|