9372261584@NEET Counselling 2022: Dates, Registration Process, Fees, Seat Matrix, Seat Allotment
MCC will commence NEET 2022 Counselling process (15% All India Quota) in online mode after the declaration of NEET results. The state-level counselling process for 85% of seats will be conducted separately by respective state authorities.
- Candidates clearing NEET cut off required by respective colleges can apply for admission in that college through counselling.
- Preparation of the NEET Merit list begins a few days later the result declaration and the NEET 2022 Counselling process follows.
- AIQ Counselling process will be conducted in two rounds.
- The vacant seats will be transferred to the states respectively, once the second round of NEET counselling process 2022 will be completed.
- Furthermore, the vacant seats after completing the AIQ quota for Central/Deemed Universities will be completed in the NEET 2022 mop-up counselling round.
NEET 2022 counselling dates
The counselling dates for NEET 2022 are yet to be announced. Students can check the NEET 2022 counselling dates from the table below once they are announced.
|Events (AIQ/central universities/ deemed universities/ ESIC colleges)||Dates|
|Registration, fee payment and choice filling||TBA|
|Last date of choice filling||TBA|
|Fee payment last date||TBA|
|Seat/college allotment result||TBA|
|Reporting to allotted college||TBA|
|Release of seat matrix||TBA|
|New registration, fee payment and choice filling||TBA|
|Last date for choice filling and fee payment||TBA|
|Seat/college allotment result||TBA|
|Round 2 seat allotment letter||TBA|
|reporting to allotted college||TBA|
|Hand over of unfilled seats to corresponding states||TBA|
|New registration date||TBA|
|Seat/college allotment result||TBA|
|Reporting to the allotted college||TBA|
|Hand over of unfilled seats to respective states||TBA|
NEET Counselling 2022: Types
There are two types of NEET counselling.
- One is at AIQ level and the second is at the state level. AIQ level NEET counselling is for 15 per cent of Govt Seats, plus 100 per cent of Deemed and Central University seats, ESIC, AFMC, AIIMs and JIPMER seats.
- On the other hand, State Quota NEET counselling is for 85per cent of Govt seats and 100per cent of private seats of the states.
|Types of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (excluding Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% of State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities (BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi included)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% of State Quota seats and state private colleges (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir)||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in the ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
NEET Counselling for 15% All India Quota
- The counselling for 15% AIQ is conducted by DGHS ( Directorate of General Health Services.
- A total of 15 per cent of government medical and dental college seats will be offered in All India Quota (AIQ) Seats MCC NEET Counselling 2022.
- Along with that, all seats in universities, central universities, AIIMs, JIPMER, ESIC, as well as, AFMC will be offered to students at the national level for NEET counselling 2022
- Candidates taking part in All india counselling can take part in State Counselling also.
NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota Seats
- Respective state authorities will be conducting NEET counselling 2022 at the state level.
- This body is unique and different for each state. Hence, procedures along with the dates also differ a little for NEET counselling when it comes to state-level conducting bodies.
- In 85% State Quota, all the seats including private colleges will be available for students.
- Candidates are required to register on the websites of the concerned state counselling authorities.
- Counselling is conducted based on the ranks in the state merit list issued for any particular state.
- For colleges in J&k, Telangana, and Andhra Pradesh, 100% seats are available for the residents of these states.
Eligibility for NEET 2022 Counselling
- All the candidates who will qualify the NEET 2022 exam will be eligible for applying to the NEET counselling 2022.
- The ministry/ MCC releases a proper list of qualified candidates under AIQ.
- There are two eligibility criteria, one is general criteria, and the other one is specific to central universities.
- The general eligibility criteria i.e., minimum percentage required, differ for candidates belonging to different categories. Here is the table for the minimum percentage for candidates in each category.
- candidate belonging to the general category needs to have at least 50 per cent in NEET. Whereas the General- PwD needs to score 45 per cent and SC/ST/OBC candidate needs to score 40per cent to become eligible for NEET counselling 2022.
NEET Counselling 2022: General Eligibility Criteria
- The aspirants should meet the aforementioned basic eligibility criteria to take part in the NEET counselling process 2022.
- Nevertheless, the candidates, who are from Jammu and Kashmir, are not able to participate in the NEET Counselling process 2022.
- To register the names, the candidates should enroll their names on the MCC website immediately.
- Finally, the qualified participants from Jammu and Kashmir can also participate in the AIQ counselling Deemed Universities.
NEET counselling 2022: Central University Eligibility Criteria
- Delhi University (LHMC, UCMC, MAMC): 85 per cent of institutional quota seats will be reserved for those students, who have completed their 11th and 12th grades in Delhi. Meanwhile, 15 per cent of seats will be reserved for the All-India Quota (AIQ) in NEET counselling 2022.
- Aligarh Muslim University (AMU): 50% aspirants, who have studied from their schools for the last three years, will be able to get into this university. Moreover, the rest 50% of students will be the NEET qualified candidates.
- BHU: The NEET counselling 2022 qualified students will also be eligible to take part in the process of NEET counselling at BHU MBBS for the year 2022.
- Faculty of Dentistry, Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi: Three seats of BDS will be reserved through the internal quota of Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi. On the other hand, 47 seats will be occupied for all. The students of Jamia University will also be eligible to apply for the internal quota.
NEET Counselling Procedure 2022
NEET counselling is done online for admission into a variety of MBBS/BDS courses. To be specific, the process of NEET counselling commences in the last week of September.
Provided below is the complete process to apply for NEET counselling 2022.
Step 1: NEET Counselling Registration 2022
- To apply for NEET 2022 counselling, Candidates are needed to go to the official website www.mcc.nic.in
- Then, students need to register as new candidates by clicking the “Register Now” option.
- After that, fill in your personal information like Name, Mother`s Name, Roll Number, Contact Number, etc.
- After entering the information, a new roll no. and password will be generated. Use these credentials to register for NEET Counselling.
- Login to the MCC website using generated credentials.
- Enter roll number and password.
- After that the candidate will be redirected to the new page where they have to add Name, Roll No., Registration No., Mother’s Name, Contact No., and click on submit.
- Verify all the information added and click on confirm registration. A registration slip will be generated, keep it safe for future reference.
Step 2: NEET Counselling 2022 Fees
- After the registration is completed successfully, the candidates are prompted to pay the NEET counselling Fees 2022.
- This fee can be paid through various methods such as Credit Card Debit Card or Net Banking.
The last year’s NEET counselling Fees is mentioned in the table provided below:
|Category||15% AIQ/ Central Universities||Deemed Universities||15% AIQ/ Central Universities||Deemed Universities|
|Non-refundable Registration Fee in INR||Refundable Tuition Fee in INR|
Step 3: Choice Filling for NEET Counselling 2022
The candidates are required to fill in their choices or preferences as the third step of the NEET Counselling 2022 process.
- Start by logging on to the official portal of MCC.
- After logging in, the students are required to choose their preferred course and colleges.
- There, the candidates can fill in any number of choices or preferences from the list provided on the portal.
- They can also add or delete a choice from the list, along with setting them in 1st,2nd and 3rd choice.
- As the next step, candidates will be required to finalise and lock their preferences for NEET counselling 2022.
Please note, that these choices cannot be edited further. Also, make sure to have a copy of your choices for future purposes.
Step 4: Seat Allotment for NEET counselling 2022
- For seat allotment of NEET Counselling 2022, a seat allocation list will be prepared by the MCC.
- This list is prepared based on the All-India Rank obtained in NEET 2022 along with the choices filled in the registration form (Step 3).
- Seat allotment for NEET counselling is uploaded in a list form on the official portal of MCC.
- A seat allotment letter will be released there for the candidates who are selected for NEET counselling 2022.
- The seat allotment list is released after each section of NEET counselling.
- Then, the mop-up rounds are conducted for the seats that are yet to be filled.
NEET Counselling 2022: List of Documents Required
Provided below is the list of documents that candidates are required to carry while reporting to the allocated college or institute for their seat confirmation during NEET counselling 2022. Please ensure that you are carrying both original as well as the photocopies of these documents.
- NEET Admit Card 2022
- NEET 2022 Rank/ Result Card or Rank Letter 2022
- High School (HSC or Class 10) Mark sheet and certificate.
- Senior Secondary School (SSC or Class 12) Mark sheet and certificate.
- Certificate of Birth
- Proof of Identity
- (NOTE: It should be valid, non-expired and government authority issued photo identity proof.)
- Category or Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- Around six to eight passport-sized photographs
- (NOTE: Try to keep it the same as the one you will submit with the NEET 2022 application form)
- Provisional Allotment Letter
Check NEET 2022 Seat Intake
What’s New in NEET Counselling Process 2022?
There are many new things and updates in the NEET counselling process for the year 2022. We have listed all of these updates and new things there which are added in the NEET Counselling 2022:
- The number of participating medical colleges in the AIQ NEET counselling process has increased this year. To elaborate, the number of medical colleges was 193 last year which increased to 235 medical colleges this year.
- Along with increasing the number of colleges, the number of seats in the available colleges for NEET counselling has also been increased from 4064 in the year 2021 to 4591 in the year 2022.
- From the year 2022 onwards, 85 per cent of seats of both the Vardhman Medical College and ESIC college would be conducted in NEET counselling by MCC simultaneously. It is important to note that these seats were previously conducted by the Administration process of IPU.
NEET Official Seat Matrix
|All India Quota Medical Seats||Click here|
|All India Quota Dental Seats||Click here|
|Central Universities Medical Seats||Click here|
|Central Universities Dental Seats||Click here|
|Deemed Universities Medical Seats||Click here|
|Deemed Universities Dental Seats||Click here|
|ESIC Medical Seats||Click here|
|ESIC Dental Seats||Click here|
NEET 2022 Reservation Criteria
|General Economically Weaker Section (GEN – EWS)||10%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
Disability Certificate for NEET Counselling 2022
Applicable candidates can approach the Disability Certification Centres recognized by the MCC of DGHS all over India. These centres provide Disabilcertificatescate to the candidates after getting their disability certified at the centre to provide them with the benefit of a 5% PwD reservation in medical courses.
NEET Candidates are requested to apply for issuing of Disability Certificates for 21 Benchmark Disabilities. Below provided is the list of disability certification centres along with their addresses.
|Disability Certification Centre||City||Type of Disability for which Certificate will be issued|
|Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi||New Delhi||All Disabilities as mentioned in Disability Certificate except auditory disabilities (ENT) Intellectual Disabilities & Behavioural disabilities.|
|All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (for Locomotor Disability only), Mumbai||Mumbai||Only for Locomotor Disabilities|
|Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, Kolkata||Kolkata||All Disabilities as mentioned in Disability Certificate|
|Madras Medical College, Chennai||Chennai||All Disabilities as mentioned in Disability Certificate|
|Grant Government Medical College, J.J. Hospital Compound, Mumbai||Mumbai||All Disabilities as mentioned in Disability Certificate|
|Goa Medical College||Goa||All Disabilities as mentioned in Disability Certificate except Speech Disability|
|Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala||Kerala||All Disabilities as mentioned in Disability Certificate. Ophthalmology Tests to be conducted at Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Thiruvananthapuram under GMC Thiruvananthapuram|
|SMS Medical College||Jaipur||All Disabilities as mentioned in Disability Certificate except:
Neurology- Genetic Testing ENT- Speech & Language Disability Testing Orthopaedics/ PMR- Gonitometer Adult. Plumb Line, Hand Dynomometer, Laser
|Govt. Medical College and Hospital, Sector32, Chandigarh||Chandigarh||All Disabilities as mentioned in Disability Certificate|
|Govt. Medical College, Agartala, State Disability Board||Tripura||Information awaited|
|Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh||Uttar Pradesh||All Disabilities as mentioned in Disability Certificate except Intellectual Disability.|
|Ali Yavar Jung National Institute of Speech and Hearing Disabilities, Bandra, Mumbai||Mumbai||For Hearing Disabilities only|
|AIIMS, Nagpur, Maharashtra||Nagpur||All Disabilities as mentioned in Disability Certificate|
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences & RML Hospital, New Delhi. (ABVIMS & RMLH)||New Delhi||All Disabilities as mentioned in Disability Certificate except ENT|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College & Associated Hospitals (LHMC)||New Delhi||All Disabilities as mentioned in Disability Certificate except Intellectual Disability|